Healthcare Assistants (HCA’s) works within the range of NHS hospital or under many community settings with the guidance of various healthcare professionals. The nature of this role will differ depending on the area of work. For example, an HCA could work alongside the following: nurses in hospitals, midwives in maternity services, in mental health, community or General Practice (GP) surgeries. All training will be provided to those who apply.
Duties may include:
- Observing, monitoring and recording patients conditions through the following: temperatures, pulse, respirations and weight.
- Communication with patients, relatives and carers.
- Assisting with clinical duties.
- Personal care might include infection prevention, control, food, personal hygiene, comfort and safety and overall reassurance.
- Increasing the overall health of patients.
- Checking and keeping supplies up to date.
- Work as an Assistant Practitioner or work towards an appropriate foundation degree.
- Every 3 month depending on their performance, WAGES may increase.
- Through formal route there are many fields to expand into includings: Art Therapy, Dietician, Radiogrpaher, Speech and Language Therapist and many more.
- Weekday and Saturday – £8 per daytime and £9 per night time hour.
- Sunday- £10 per hour.
YOU MUST HAVE A BRITISH OR EU PASSPORT OR A WORK PERMIT IN ORDER FOR US TO CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION (YOUR ELIGIBILITY SHOULD BE PROVED).
Training does cost for the Healthcare Assistant though payment plans are available.